The Main House is closed to events at this time, though events may be held at the Carriage House. There is very limited availability. To inquire about current event availability, restrictions, pricing and guidelines, please send an email with event details and your preferred date to email@example.com and we will get back to you.
- For information on weddings please view the Weddings tab at the top of this page, as different guidelines apply to wedding events.
- The Residence Usage Fee entitles you to up to 4 hours of event time; however, once event start and end times are confirmed, you must adhere to that schedule.
- Additional set-up and event time may be purchased.
- The Residence does not have staff available for use. All event set up, clean up, catering, etc must be executed by an outside catering vendor. The Residence does have a list of caterers who are familiar with the Residence that we are able to provide upon request.
- The Usage Fee payment is due within 30 days of your receipt of the event confirmation letter. This fee is fully refundable if you cancel, in writing, more than 30 days prior to the event. Should you cancel with less than 30 days notice, the fee in non-refundable; however, you may apply that payment, minus any expenses already incurred by the Residence, to a future event booked within 6 months of the cancellation.
- All payments must be made by check as we do not accept credit cards.
- The Residence does not provide linens.
- State Patrol will bill separately for the time of your events at a rate of $92.67 per hour that is not included in the rental fee of the Residence. This rate may increase due to the size and scale of your event.
- Fundraisers are not allowed on the premises; however, you may sell attendance tickets in advance of your event.
- Please note, no exchange of cash, checks, or credit cards are allowed on premises for purposes of ticketing and fundraising.
- Cash bars are not allowed.
- On the day of your event a representative from your group must arrive no later than ½ hour prior to the event start time. No more than 5 event representatives may arrive up to 1 hour prior to the event start time.
- All vendors (performers, photographers etc…) must be approved by the Residence Manager. Vendors requiring access to the premises outside of the scheduled event hours are subject to a security background check.
- Media & Press are allowed at events, but advance notice must be given to the Governor's Office.
- Fees and charges will be assessed for late departures and damages.
Code of Conduct
The Governor’s Office is committed to providing a friendly, safe, inclusive, professional, harassment free, and welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disabilities, neurodiversity, physical appearance, body size, ethnicity, nationality, race, age, religion, or other protected category.
This code of conduct ensures we collectively create this kind of experience. It outlines our expectations for event behavior, unacceptable behavior as well as the consequences for unacceptable behavior, and how we ask for help if needed. We invite all sponsors, speakers, attendees, media, exhibitors, vendors, hosts and other participants to help us realize a safe and positive experience for everyone at the Residence and expect cooperation in doing so.
All determinations of appropriate or inappropriate behavior are expected to be in correlation to this Code of Conduct, but are in the Governor’s Residence’s sole discretion and the decision(s) of the Governor’s Residences Representatives on-site will be final.
Please be kind to others. The following actions are prohibited on mansion property:
- Unacceptable behaviors & materials include intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory, or demeaning materials or conduct by any attendees of the event and related event activities.
- Harassment includes: offensive comments (verbal, written, or otherwise) related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability; inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces (including presentation slides); deliberate intimidation, stalking or following; harassing materials, photography or recording; sustained disruption of talks or other events (whether verbal or otherwise); inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
- Physical, written, verbal or other abuse, intimidation, threats, annoyance, harassment, stalking, pushing, shoving or use of any physical force whatsoever against any person, which in any way creates a disturbance that is disruptive or dangerous, or creates apprehension in a person, as determined by Residence Representatives, in their sole discretion.
- Possession of any item that can be used as a weapon, which may cause danger to others if used in a certain manner.
- Any lewd or offensive behavior or language, including but not limited to using sexually explicit or offensive language, materials or conduct, or any language, behavior or content that contains profanity, obscene gestures, or racial, religious or ethnic slurs.
- Assembling for the purpose of, or resulting in, disturbing the peace, or committing any unlawful act or engaging in any offensive behavior.
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior.
- Failure to obey any rules or regulations of the Venue/State of Colorado.
Anyone who violates the above will be asked to leave the premises.