Thank you for considering the historic Governor's Residence at the Boettcher Mansion for your upcoming wedding event. This 1908 building has seen a long and varied history; serving as a private home for 50 years to the Cheesman and Boettcher families, and since 1960 as the official home to Colorado's Governors. Over the past many years we have opened our doors to non-profit organizations and state agencies to host events, and are now happy to announce a new chapter in our community access, by allowing a limited number of weddings to take place on this grand property.
Please review all information found on this page, and in the Wedding Planning Guide and Wedding FAQ, prior to submitting a wedding date request. Thank you.
It is currently unknown when public events will resume. Events requests are being accepted, but bear in mind we may not reopen until 2022. If you wish to place a tentative hold on a date please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Updates concerning resumption of events will be posted to this website, so please revisit to learn the most current information. Thank you for your understanding.
Days and Hours of Operation
March - October
Friday - Sunday
12:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Reception Only (passed hors d'oeuvres)
|Seated Dinner||110 Guests|
- Stated Hours of Operation are the times within which the wedding event may take place. Setup and breakdown are allowed outside of those hours.
- Residence staff will be on site for the duration of the wedding day to answer any questions that may arise.
- Cash bars are not allowed.
- Red and Rosé wines, as well as red drink mixers, are not permitted in the Main Residence, but are allowed in the Carriage House.
- All decorations must be approved by the Residence Director.
- All vendors (performers, photographers, etc…) must be approved by the Residence Director. Any vendors who may require access to the premises outside of the scheduled event hours are subject to a security background check.
- There are two primary fees associated with use of the Residence.
- A Usage Fee, which is payable prior to the wedding date.
- A Security Fee, which is payable after the wedding date.
- The Residence reserves the right to send an additional invoice following the event addressing damages, or any miscellaneous charges which may arise.
- All payments must be made by check, as the Residence does not accept credit cards.
Event Request and Approval Procedure
To inquire about specific available dates, please use the Wedding Contact link found on the left side of this page, and the subject line "Wedding Date Request."
If the desired date is available a request form will be provided for your completion and return. Following review and approval of the request form, you will be sent a confirmation letter and deposit invoice in the amount of $2,250, one half of the total Usage Fee, payable upon receipt. The remaining half will be due 60 days prior to the wedding date.
Event cancellations must be provided in writing. One half of the total Usage Fee is refundable if written notice of cancellation is received by our office more that 30 days prior to the wedding date. There are no refunds with less than 30 days notice.
Although highly unlikely, should the Governor's Office require urgent or emergency use of the Residence, we reserve the right to cancel any event. In that case you will receive a full refund of the Usage Fee.
Sorry, but we cannot refund or cancel charges due to day-of-event inclement weather.